Wednesday 1 February 2023

Journaling in February for the #WriteAPageA Day Blogchatter challenge

 










The Blogchatter challenge is to  "WriteAPageA Day" for 28 days in February at the end of which the total words should be not less than 10,000 words. Writing 400 words a day should do it. I have chosen to journal each day in my blog to meet the challenge not on a particular theme but about what happened or what I did or the thoughts that came to my mind on that particular day. 

1/2/2023  

On the D day for commencing the challenge, I happened to watch the latest Hindi movie of Shahrukh Khan titled "Pathaan". Actually I had quit watching the crass commercial films as they had ceased to retain my interest. During  my school days I enjoyed action movies of Dharmendra in Hindi, MGR movies in the south and the occasional Bond movies that we had got opportunity to watch. Over the years though, the films had become gory with increasing levels of blood and violence. The interest in "Pathaan" would not have been generated in me but for the controversies associated with it, including ban calls. 

As my wife was away visiting her mother in Kerala, I decided to watch the movie today on a week day in Bangalore hoping to escape the hype and frenzy. My calculation turned out to be right and I was able to watch the movie comfortably. I am happy to report that "Pathaan" is a slick spy movie that keeps the viewers engaged throughout with good acting from all the principal players be it Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, John Abraham or Dimple Kapadia. John has come a long way from his initial movies with appropriate emoting and charm. 

With some sharp, witty dialogues and beautiful locales set in international locations, the movie keeps viewers happy like they used to for me in the good old days of Hindi cinema. In fact 'content' has been a big problem for Hindi films these days. The trailors of some forthcoming Hindi films spread over for release from Feb- March was screened in the hall and one could see from the sample that they are the same repetitive boring content that Hindi films have been able to dish out, of late. Happily for me, I had chosen the right movie to watch this time amongst commercial cinema, bringing back a sense of nostalgia and good feel.

2 comments: