- The four primary tasks that any people management role involves are (1) Selecting the right people (2) Defining the expectations (3) motivating these people (4) Developing these people- Ashok Gopal, Senior Practice expert,Gallup,
- People who see negative results as permanent failure are the ones who give up easily and often generalize their 'failure' into other areas of their life and even into their sense of self- Tom Venuto, Writer
- Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising everytime we fall- Confucius, Philosopher
- Expectations determine outcomes- Always! - Dr Deepak Chopra, Author & public speaker
- Youth is not a time of life but a state of mind, a temper of the will, a quality of imagination, a predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure over the ease of life- Robert Kennedy, Former US Senator
- Ego is the unobserved mind that runs your life when you are not present as the witnessing consciousness,the watcher- From the book "Power of Now"
- To win the lottery, achieve a goal, make a friend, we need to take some positive action or nothing will happen. Winning starts with the beginning- Robert Schuller, Author & Clergyman
- Change your thoughts and change your world -Norman Vincent Peale, Positive thinking Guru
- By three methods, we learn wisdom- The first is by reflection, which is the noblest.The second by imitation which is the easiest.The third is by experience which is the bitterest- Confucius, Philosopher
- To some people it doesn't matter whether it is rainy or sunny- They carry their own weather with them- Kris Cole, Author
Friday, 31 March 2017
Friday, 24 March 2017
She and he
head over heals
inseparable, even for a moment
Cut to five years later
Its legalized status
With two more additions
In the framed photograph.
Soon, an incident here
and an incident there
the story has come full circle
now, they can’t see eye to eye
even for a moment…
The biggest victims of the fall out
are the little ones…
frustrations, disappointments transferred to them
physically and emotionally
taking it out on the hapless innocents….
Wednesday, 15 March 2017
Life as we know it
Is a mix of happiness and sorrow
of pluses and minuses
of hopes and disappointments
of bouquets and brickbats!
To remind us of this fact
during the Indian festival, Makara Sankranti
People exchange food treats
that are both sweet and bitter
modern man though wants only the limelight
he wants Bouquets & Bouquets alone all the time…
So even the occasional, yet inevitable
brickbat is unnerving, unsettling
and painful enough for a
360-degree U-turn & withdrawal into one’s shell…
The better way perhaps is equanimity
in handling life, taking it casually as it comes
not unduly elated or distressed
either by the bouquets or the brickbats!
Friday, 10 March 2017
(Translation at the bottom..)
രാഘവ് പൂച്ചയെ നോക്കി
അവൻ സങ്കടത്തിൽ ആണ്
ഒരാഴ്ചയായി അവനു കൂട്ടില്ല
പ്രിയ സഖി വാഹന
അന്നു തൊട്ട് അവന്
ഉത്സാഹമില്ല , ഒന്നിലും താത്പര്യമില്ല
ഊണിലും .... ഉറക്കത്തിലും ....
രാഘവ് നിനച്ചു ...
കൂട്ടില്ലാതെ ദുഖിക്കുന്നു അവൻ
ഇല്ലാത്ത പോൽ ജീവിക്കുന്നു, താൻ...
രണ്ടു പേരും തുല്യ ദുഖിതർ....
Raghav looked at the cat
he was in grief
he has no mate since a week
His dear she, was lost
to the wheels of a cruel vehicle...
since then he has no drive
no interest in anything
whether it is food or sleep....
A thought came to Raghav.....
"this fellow is sad in the absence of his mate
while for many years am I living
with a physical mate, yet with feelings
and net effect of 'no mate'...
though for different reasons
both of us are equally in grief...