Wednesday 3 June 2020

Happy Times

In a Facebook literary group, a friend posted a picture of a child going to school with a dog in his bag. He sought poems from members based on the picture. This is what I came up with on the spur of the moment...

Hey, I can now attend  classes  (online)

With little Tommy by my side

No teacher to scold me, cane me

Or tell me what I may do


 Last time I took Tommy

Hiding him in my bag

Class teacher caned me

And poor little Tommy too!

 

Then on, I count time

for the last bell at school

And scramble home each day

to play with pal Tommy

oh, I missed him such a lot!

 

But, from now on, all learning

Will be with Tommy by my side

Teacher, you can scowl on..

As much as you please

I am safely tucked away

Where your painful cane can’t reach! 


 Hey, it’s happy times!    


IndiBlogger Badge

12 comments:

  1. Lucky boy! How I wish I too could do the same, back during my schooling years! That would have been so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,Thank you Amit Patnaik! Happy you could relate to it and remember your school days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Loved the boy and Tommy's tale :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Deepa! Happy you liked the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so sweet! Spot on! Let no one separate a boy and his dog.Such a precious bond.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much chechi! Happy you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tommy is lucky to have such a loving friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I too saw the pic and challenge but my muse kept silent 🙁

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy you liked the lines Malsawmi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah ha ha. As long as Tommy does not disturb he may lie/laze around. If he does then mom turns ma'am and lociechim out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) Thank you responding to the post Padmini!

    ReplyDelete