Sunday 20 September 2020

Music, Dear Music...

 

Lovely music, when did you come into my life?

Was it in the form of  a gentle rhythm

While still in my mother’s womb? 

or was it  a little later?

 

I am told even as a little one

I would crane my neck towards the radio

Playing melodious film songs 

Insist on listening and cry if taken away from it!

 

In later years I enjoyed listening

To  you dear, in all your beautiful forms 

Movies, folk, western , devotional

Sadly no formal exposure or training

 to or  in your form of classical music

Saving grace was that  those days,

 Many, rather most film songs in India

Were based on classical ragas! 

 

Today, I sing in the bathroom

to my heart’s content

Can’t imagine a world without sound or

Without you dear music! 

I am  after all in *NLP terms

what they call predominantly “Auditory”  

 

Would love it if, in my last days,   

I got to listen to you, oh music divine

Even as I leave this world

And travel to the other world...  


Music! dear friend, dear love

Thou has made living in this world

 bearable, worthwhile…    


NB: *NLP refers to Nuero Linguistic Programming      



12 comments:

  1. Thank you for responding Ranjini. So happy you related to the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, music has the mystical power to change our moods. While listening to some lovely melodious songs we forget ourselves. Without music this world will become a hell. This one can be described as an ode to music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Mr Shivkumar for your appreciation and feedback!

      Delete
  3. If music be the food of life, play on!
    Beautifully expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why think of 'last moment' when we can enjoy music in the present moment and every moment.
    Take care. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback. It is after enjoying all the present moments that I additionally wish to listen to music at the last moment. It is my wish. should cause no alarm or concern to anyone else.

      Delete
  5. The rhyme and the rhythm always make the people ecstatic with full involvement and you are not an exception. Enjoy to the core of your interests in composing poetry in lucid ways. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sambandam sir. So happy to receive your feedback!

      Delete
  6. Ha ha ha!!!! 'Music when soft voices die vibrate in thy memory.'

    ReplyDelete