Sunday 22 February 2015

Sing along friend!

I open the old autograph book
with its yellow fading  pages
sure it's seen better days
that dates back to eighties
nay.the seventies !

yet the lines as I read them
come alive and touch
the strings of my heart
scribbled on it are parting lines
from friends at school
college &  a couple
of teachers as well...

"Do your duty" had
written the school princi
quoting  sanskrit lines
"Kutha tava karthavyam"

Another quoted Shakespeare
exhorting-  "Honour & disgrace
from no situation arise
play your part well
therein lies all honour."

The one I like best though
is no quotation..
just a  simple flowing line, seemingly
straight from the heart...

"Sing along friend" it said
no matter what-just sing along
 through the journey of life
on and on, for ever and ever
and you will be happy"

so here I am
happy,  most of the time
unconsciously following tips
from  a long forgotten book!




6 comments: