Monday 24 June 2019

War

IndiBlogger Badge

This poem was included in the April- June issue of the prestigious multilingual International Magazine 'Destine Literare' published from Montreal Canada

In the patriarchal world
Patriotism and dying for one’s land, glorified
People proud of their martyrs
Our numbers more than yours! 
We are far superior!

Sitting in meditation, I traveled
To realms unknown and so far away
Met heroes of world wars 1 and 2
They smiled-  what nation? What boarders?
“ where is the passion?” I sighed
“we don’t need any” they said
Awareness of the seamless oneness
Leaves  no more enemies to fight!  

I returned to this world
And to my Personal wars of the mind…
Perhaps they also will disappear

Will be able to say good bye to internal wars
As I let consciousness expand…..

2 comments: