Saturday 16 September 2023

Reality is Relative








Get factual, be real, discard imaginary fantasy, you say 

Look at things as they are, in real practical terms 

Can you see it, touch it, hear it, smell it

No? then throw it out of the window! 


Ask the common man and he 'll tell you 

No reality movies for me, too much of it in daily life

Give me fantasy, make believe, a chance atleast on screen

To whip a goon, unjust boss, a corrupt politician! 


In any case whose experience is the real experience? 

what is real , unreal? Just because you don't experience

Colour, caste and other discrimination 

doesn't mean it doesn't exist in other's reality

Rejecting reality doesn't change it buddy! 


When I believe my view, based on my thought, experience 

 Is the true and only reality, it provokes

 The subjectivities, inconsistencies in others

Soon one calls the other "Stupid", "Misinformed" 


Like the four blind men, all of them right 

After touching different parts of an elephant

Fought and argued over how a real elephant would be!    


NB: I recited this poem during the Seniors Today Poetry meet on 15th September 2023   







4 comments: